The Eduardo Torroja Institute for Construction Science (IETcc), a body of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), is a research and scientific-technical support centre in the field of construction and building materials. Also, it provides technical support to the construction sector and transfers know-how.
The IETcc works to further construction progress by:
- driving innovation in construction systems and techniques
- analyzing the reliability of structures and new materials
- conducting research to build more comfortable facilities while saving energy
- exploring material durability
- evaluating the causes of pathological processes
- developing new materials and studying ways to recycle demolition waste and thereby reduce environmental impact
The IETcc mission covers:
- Scientific and technical research in the field of construction and construction materials, conducted under national and international projects, research agreements with the public and private sector.
- Technological support for the construction industry, in the form of scientific and technical support, technical evaluation of innovative materials, procedures and systems (technical approvals,..), quality certification, counsel and coordination for technical standards,…
- Knowledge transfer to the industry and the national and international scientific and technical community through publications, conferences, seminars, courses and national and international external relations.