URBAN-INCERC is a symbol of research for buildings and structures in Romania.
Since its establishment, the institute developed continuously, being well-known in Romania and abroad for:
- Technical agreements for construction products
- Consultancy and service for construction industry
- In situ and laboratory tests and measurements for buildings and structures
- National Codes and regulations for building design
- The largest in Romania seismic database and network for strong ground motions
The fields of activity range from concrete and mortar technology, reinforced and prestressed concrete structures, masonry structures and steel structures, seismic hazard and seismic risk, building vulnerability to earthquake hazards, thermal protection of buildings, protection against corrosion, fire protection, waterproofing and roofing, building acoustics, building equipment etc.